Preparing your work visa

To work in South Korea for the first time to teach English you will need to obtain an E2 visa from the consulate general of South Korea in a country outside of Korea. 

This process will take about four weeks to complete; 2 weeks to process on the Korean side, and another 2 weeks to process in the country where you will pick up the visa. You can either visit your local Korean consulate in person or mail it in via express mail. Once your visa is ready, you can pick it up at the consulate or have your passport mailed back to you (you must provide a return envelope).

Get ready!

Here are the documents you need to collect to apply for a Korean E2 Visa:

  • Notarized and apostilled copy of your university degree
  • Apostilled Criminal Background check
  • 2 passport style photos 3.5cm x 4.5 cm
  • A self check medical form (provided by your Kinetic recruiter)
  • A Visa issuance application form (provided by your kinetic recruiter)
  • A signed contract for your teaching position
  • A color copy of your passport identification page

Your Kinetic recruiter will work with you to collect and get these documents ready to ship to South Korea for Visa issuance approval.

Almost there!

Once your visa issuance ID is ready you are ready to apply for your visa at your local South Korean consulate. 

Here is what you need for this part of the process:

  • Visa application form with the visa issuance ID number printed in box 3.1.
  • Your passport (with at least 6 months prior to its expiry).
  • 2 passport sized photos 3.5cm x 4.5 cm.
  • Visa processing payment (US residents $40 for other fees please speak to your Kinetic recruiter or check the South Korean Consulate website.
  • Return envelope (if needed).
The finish line is in sight!

Once processed you will receive your passport with a 13 month visa and you are ready to fly to South Korea. Please let your Kinetic recruiter know you are ready to arrive.

You did it!

Obtaining your E2 visa